Contact your Counselor
Colin Winch, Supervisor of Guidance/School Counselor
201-567-6151 ext 238
HOW CAN STUDENTS TALK TO THEIR SCHOOL COUNSELOR?
- I tell my teacher I need to see the counselor.
- My parents/guardians request for me to see my counselor.
- My teacher recommends me to see my counselor.
- My superintendent or principal suggest that I see the counselor.
- My counselor invites me to join them.
Overall, the school counselor serves as an advocate, consultant, facilitator, team-member, and supporter. Working together for our students, we will provide the best environment that maximizes abilities and potential as life-long learners.
HOW CAN SCHOOL COUNSELORS HELP PARENTS?
I am available to assist and provide you with the following:
- Improving parent-child communications
- Expedite communication with teachers
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed in school
- Recommending referral sources
- Supply reference materials
- Understanding the developmental changes of childhood
I am available as needed for consultation with parents and teachers. There are several ways to contact us in order to set up a mutually agreeable time to meet. You can:
- Send us a confidential note to the school in an envelope marked “Mr. Winch”.
- Call or email me with the contact information listed above. If I am are unavailable please leave a message, your call will be returned as promptly as possible.