Board Goals and District Goals Action
- Advance the work of inclusivity and equity throughout the district. Expand institutional awareness by incorporating content and methodologies that promote justice and equity for all into the school curriculum. Establish a district diversity council committee to meet throughout the year to develop an action plan for the district.
- Administration and staff will develop a strategic response to assessing and developing appropriate interventions for students when they return from distance learning to close the achievement gaps.
- In order to prepare students to excel in the anticipated needs of the future workforce, the district will provide equitable and expanded access to high-quality, standards-based computer science and technological design education, in alignment with the district’s presently existing “Educate to Innovate” initiative.
- Monitor and take steps to remediate potential significant increases in high school tuition charges, and special education costs in the development of future budgets. Schedule quarterly meetings with town liaisons and potentially other relevant professionals to discuss development projects and then communicate all updates to the Board.
- To expand and refine district-wide mental health and wellness practices.
- In conjunction with the administration, develop a long range strategic plan for accommodating future sudden large growth in student population.
- The board will engage in a series of professional development sessions, including full board training with NJSBA and sessions on the financial reporting of the school district.
- Work together with the administration to provide opportunities for students and staff to be engaged in board meetings.