Child Study Team
The Supervisor of Special Services is responsible for the oversight of the Child Study Team and all of its activities.
To e-mail a member of the staff, click on the name below.
Telephone: 201 567-6151. Please see extensions below:
- LDTC, Lisa Habersaat - Ext. 216
- Supervisor of the Child Study Team and School Social Worker, Dawn Smith - Ext. 225
- School Psychologist, Stephanie Slutsky DePiano- Ext. 229
- NC and US Speech/Language Specialist, Elena Danetz-Gold - Ext. 122
- US and NC Speech/Language Specialist, Nicole Antoniotti - Ext. 233
- Child Study Team Secretary, Wanda Vitellaro - Ext. 213
The Child Study Team is comprised of a Learning Disabilities Consultant, School Social Worker, School Psychologist and two Speech/Language Specialists. These specialists work with students, their parents and teachers to identify student needs and facilitate academic achievement. Needs may include: Language or speech delays or deficits, emotional and social difficulties or reading and math skill deficits.
If your child is having difficulty in school:
- Keep an open line of communication with your child's teacher
- Share your concern with your child's teacher
- Monitor your child's progress on the completion of homework assignments
- Discuss ideas or strategies with your child's teacher
- If concerns still remain, you or the teacher may refer your child to the I&RS committee
I & RS
The intervention and referral services (I&RS) committee is a group of individuals who meet to review students who may be experiencing difficulties in school. The I&RS committee is comprised of a Child Study Team Member, Principal, the School Nurse, the parent and any other necessary staff member. The purpose of the I&RS committee is to discuss concerns regarding the student's achievement and determine interventions to facilitate learning. A plan is devised at this meeting and the student's progress is monitored.