Welcome to the Englewood Cliffs Health Offices
Welcome to the Englewood Cliffs Schools Health Office, we are your school nurses: Nurse Vedra at Upper School and Nurse Amanda at North Cliff. We are always available to you and your families as a resource, and you can feel free to reach out to us at any time with any questions or concerns. We thank you in advance for your support and cooperation in keeping our school district as healthy and safe as possible!
The tabs to the right also provide you with school health forms and Covid-19 updates.
Please see below for some important information:
It IS MANDATORY TO CALL THE NURSE ON THE ATTENDANCE LINE IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL!
PLEASE CALL BEFORE 8:05 A.M. Tabitha’s Law requires Parent to Notify school of Child's absence.
- If a student is out 3 consecutive days, a Doctor's note must be provided stating diagnosis and any restrictions.
- When to Stay Home from School:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher; stay home until your child is fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol, Advil/Motrin. If your child awakens during the night with a fever but feels well in the morning, please keep your child home until the 24-hour period is over.
- Vomiting/Diarrhea/Nausea- stay home until no vomiting/diarrhea for• 24 hours. If your child awakens during the night with vomiting/diarrhea but feels well in the morning, please keep your child home until the 24-hour period is over.
- Flu-like symptoms such as cough, headache, sore throat, abdominal cramping, body aches and/or generalized weakness or generally looks sick.
- Severe chest and/or nasal congestion, or frequent nasal discharge.
- Frequent coughing with no relief from cough medication,
- Unidentified rashes.
Students with a Medical Concern:
- It is important to make your child's health concern known to the school and school nurse. Some health concerns such as diabetes and seizure disorders require additional school documentation, doing so, will prepare the school to best care for your child.
- Bring current, signed health care provider orders for treatment and all medications required by your child that must be given in school.
- Give permission for the school nurse to communicate with your family's health care provider by filling out the Permission to Release Medical Information form,
- Provide updated parent/caregiver contact information for emergencies.
Students with Allergies and Asthma:
- All student that suffer from allergies must fill out he allergy forms and have them signed and stamped by the physician
- All student that suffer from asthma must fill out an asthma health form and have them signed and stamped by the physician
- If students with seasonal allergies cannot take part in outdoor activities including recess during the allergy season a medical note MUST be provided by the allergist and brought into the school nurse.
Mrs. Tatiana Vedra, RN, CSN
Upper School Nurse
Mrs. Amanda Brogna, RN, CSN
North Cliff Nurse
201-568-4770 ext 115
email: [email protected]