The mission of the Englewood Cliffs School District is to strive for excellence in the academic, personal/social, and creative development of each individual student. This is accomplished through the positive collaboration of our entire school learning community.
The educational community will create a safe, nurturing environment that honors the cultural diversity of our students and our society. Our students will develop character and moral values that help them become productive members of our society. The education family will develop responsible citizens that will respect and take pride in our national heritage.
It is the vision of the Englewood Cliffs School District to become a community of learners. Working collaboratively we will unite students, parents, staff, and the community in the creation of a safe and nurturing educational environment that will foster academic achievement and stimulate a life-long love of learning. Our district will encourage self and social awareness, promote character development and honor diversity in order to prepare students to contribute responsibly to the advancement of our democratic society.
The District emphasizes the fundamental importance of the classroom teacher in both the development and delivery of instruction. Professional development will occur on a regular basis to extend the skills of our faculty. Ample time will be provided in the schedule for staff to work collaboratively in team and grade level meetings in order to construct and implement our program of instruction.
- The curriculum reflects the District’s commitment to innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence.
- The District’s curriculum shall be the comprehensive plan for providing equal access for all children to high quality instruction based on research and best practices.
- The District will provide ongoing professional development to support the effectiveness of the curriculum and to strengthen instruction.
- The instructional program shall recognize and address the multiple intelligences and different learning styles of our students.
- The teachers will maintain the curriculum to reflect changes in standards in order to meet the instructional needs of students.
Jaclyn Auriemma, Ed.S.
Supervisor of Curriculum and Instructional Support
Englewood Cliffs School District
201-567-6151 ext. 487