North Cliff Health Office
Ms. Amanda Brogna, RN
Welcome to the North Cliff Health Office
Tabitha's Law requires Parent to Notify school of Child's absence
PLEASE CALL THE NURSE IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL.
201-568-4770 ext 115
CALL BEFORE 8:05 A.M.
Parents, please keep your child home if he/she does not feel well.
Definitely keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 100 degrees by mouth and your child may return to school only after his or her temperature has been consistently below 100 degrees, by mouth, for a minimum of 24 hours)
- Vomiting (even once)
- General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
- Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough
If your child does not feel well in the morning, keep him/her home for the day. Some of the reasons to keep your child home are.....
- Illness during the night.
- Fever of 100 degrees or more.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and/or complaints of a severe headache.
- Symptoms of communicable disease, such as sore throat, swollen glands, “red” eyes, discharge from nose or eyes, severe cough or rash on body.
- If a child requires antibiotics for strep throat or any other reason, they must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before they may return to school with a doctor’s note.
- Absences of three consecutive days or more require a physician's note to return to school.
ALSO, REMEMBER TO WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF GERMS.
North Cliff School Required Yearly Health Forms:
- Emergency Response Student Information Form
- Permission to Release Medical Information Form
- Food Allergy Form
- Physical examination
- Dental forms for grades Pre-K, K, 2
Students with Food Allergies and Asthma:
- All student that suffer from Food Allergies must fill out the Allergy Action Forms and have them signed and stamped by a physician.
- All student that suffer from Asthma must fill out an Asthma Action Form and have them signed and stamped by a physician